Hiring Banners Gate Community
To request a booking simply call our Bookings Secretary on: 0751 318 4845
We are always happy to answer to general enquiries, discuss specific availability, arrange a visit to view the Hall, or offer local insights and information about our historic Banners Gate community or the wider Royal Town of Sutton Coldfield. We look forward to hearing from you.
The Hall can be booked for children's or family parties up to 7pm in the evening.
Due to our situation in a quiet residential area, we only allow bookings until 7pm
and no later, and we regret that we cannot accommodate adult celebrations. We ask that all hirers are considerate towards our neighbours during the period of their hire and departure, and, as the hall is run entirely by local volunteers, we also ask that hirers extend that consideration towards our volunteers by leaving the Hall in the condition in which it was found and by finishing their bookings at the agreed time.
Conditions of Hire:
The hirer must be over eighteen years of age and must remain on the premises for the duration of the hire period.
When making your booking, please factor in sufficient time to set up and clear away your event. Our volunteers commit their time generously to accommodating and administering your bookings, and we regret that we cannot provide additional time free of charge for the setting up and clearing away of events.
The Hall, foyer, kitchen, and toilets must be left clean and tidy at the end of your hire; all rubbish, food, and packaging must be taken away by the hirer.
Main and fire exits must be kept free of obstructions at all times.
The Hall is licensed for the consumption of alcohol but not the sale of alcohol; smoking is not permitted anywhere on the premises, which includes the grassed lawn areas to the front and side of the Hall and the paved path and access ramp.
Any damage must be reported at the end of your hire.
A £30.00 deposit is requested, separate to your hire fee, against damage or the over-running of your agreed hire. This will be returned upon your timely departure from the Hall at the agreed time and if the premises are left clean and tidy to the satisfaction of the Bookings Secretary.
Facilities and Prices:
Our Hall currently costs £18.00 per hour to hire
- It has a high-quality bluetooth sound system to which your own mobile device can be connected, a CD / DVD player, and a hearing induction loop.
- There is new central heating and a fitted kitchen area for your use, as well as forty adult-size chairs, six large folding tables, and twelve medium-sized folding tables.
- There is also a small, portable baby-changing table should our hirers require it.
- The kitchen offers an electric hob and oven, small fridge-freezer, microwave, two kettles, glass jugs for water / milk / squash, and an assortment of cups and glassware, although the majority of our hirers find disposable tableware to be more appealing than the prospect of washing up after an energetic party.
- The hire cost includes free and unlimited use of all of the above, which are maintained in excellent condition.
The Hall is a modern building, recently decorated and well maintained. We have disability access and facilities
, including widened door ways, accessible toilet, hearing loop, external access ramp, and short-term wheelchair loan.
Banners Gate Community Hall is situated in Reay Nadin Drive, Sutton Coldfield
, which is a residential area with adequate, free on-street free parking and nearby shops. We would respectfully ask that you do not obstruct the residential driveways when parking, and respect any parking restrictions.
We are proud of our Hall and of the service we provide to our local community. We look forward to welcoming you and wish you a very successful event if you choose to book with us.
0751 318 4845